Please ensure that you read these Terms and Conditions carefully and check that the details in your booking are correct before completing your booking.
Bookings are made via our website www.unlocktours.com or via email.
- All Tours and Experiences must be paid for in full at the time of booking. We will confirm your booking by accepting payment from you for the full price and issuing you with a reference number by email. The date, start time, length and or end time will be specified on the email.
- Non-refundable and non-transferable. Your booking is valid only for the specific service as detailed on your booking. If you miss or arrive late for the specified tour or experience your booking in non-refundable and non-transferable. We may at our sole discretion amend your booking to an alternative if this is possible.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before any tour starts at the starting place indicated on the booking email.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather, understanding that weather in Edinburgh can be changeable and please wear suitable footwear taking into account the weather and terrain.
- In the interests of safety, you must comply with verbal instructions and requests from our guide during the tour.
- Parents of any children will be responsible for their children’s behaviour and safety during the tour.
- You must not at any time during the tour be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Anyone person thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave the tour and no refund will be given.
- Cancellation Policy.
- For Edinburgh walking small group and private tours.
Tours cancelled in writing 14 days before the tour will receive a 100% refund. Tours cancelled in writing 8-13 days before the tour will receive a 50% refund. Tours cancelled less than 7 days before the tour will receive no refund.
If Unlock Tours need to cancel a tour, please see points 8c. 10, 11, 12 and 13.
- For driving tours we require 40 days notice of cancellation in writing and any refunds will be given minus any expenses already incurred by Unlock Tours when hiring vehicles or accommodation.
- For cancellation of tours due to extreme weather an alternative date/time will be offered. The tour guide or manager in charge for the day will contact you if they deem the weather does not permit the tour to go ahead. The guide/manager will try to contact you by the phone/email address you provided when booking if any changes need to occur due to extreme weather. Please note that tours and experiences can and do go ahead in wet/snowy weather as there are options for carrying out our services whilst being sheltered indoors or outside with appropriate clothing/umbrellas.
- A contract comes into existence between us when you receive an email confirming your booking with Unlock Tours.
- Unlock Tours reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour or experience. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative tour or experience (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference) or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a full refund of all monies paid to Unlock Tours. Our total liability shall not exceed the total price paid for the tour/s as stated in your booking.
- Underbooking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met, and if we have to cancel a tour or experience for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days prior to date booked. The terms of point 10 would apply.
- Force majeure or events outside our control are unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions. If this were to occur we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible and the terms of point 10 would apply.
- In the event of the specified guide being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another guide will be provided. If this is not possible, then the workshop/tour will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 10 will come into effect.
- We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars on our website at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
- The type of tours we offer require flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and tour/experience descriptions must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the tour or experience, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
- Unlock Tours accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its guides (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to Scottish law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the Scottish courts.
- In the unlikely event that you are unsatisfied, you must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the guide thus giving them the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the tour.
- In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or if this is impossible, we will provide you with transport back to the point of departure.